Thursday, May 3, 2012

Grotto Ride Report

I have my own ride report to add to the site. I went up to the Grotto of the Redemption on March 25th. I started out the day with Matt Maxwell, Jared Morford and Paul Jacobson. We rode up to Jewell together, and since they were doing a metric they split back to Ames. I had other plans. My lady and I had decided to finally check out what all the buzz about the Grotto was, so she took the car and camping supplies up to West Bend while I rode the distance from Ames. Ended up with 115 miles for the day and got to drink a nice cool beer and sit by the campfire after the ride. It was cool to ride up to the Grotto after dark, with the lights illuminating all of the rocks. The next day, our good friends Sasha Karcz and Allison Bair joined us to check out the marvel that is the Grotto. I'd highly recommend a visit if you haven't already, and the campgrounds/showers are marvelous. Here's a photo showing just how much love there is between me and the ol' ball and chain.

~Nick W.

No comments:

Post a Comment