Thursday, April 28, 2011

Craig Irving Update

Well, here are a few updates from before Trans-Iowa. I was busy with work and preparations, so didn't get the chance to put everything up here. First, we have Craig Irving's first full century. He writes:
Well, after a handful of rides that either fell just short of a metric or didn't quite meet the 80% rule I finally have another one to report.  I'm happy to say I was able to complete the Ragnarok 105 (111?) last weekend.  I have to admit, I had some unexpected inspiration late in the game as you can see in the picture.

I'll give extra credit to anyone who I see riding around with this image on their shirt, hat, or taped to their handlebars. I hope we get more artwork like this in the future! Check out Craig's blog at http://ocolonomle.blogspot.com/ or by clicking on his name on the left sidebar.

I ran into Craig at the end of our Trans-Iowa experience at the first checkpoint. A huge section of the field missed the first cutoff due to navigational errors, wind, and the other factors that make Trans-Iowa a difficult and wonderful race. It was my first time attempting it, and I'm already excited to try again next year - obviously, I didn't suffer enough.

A bunch of people did ride back to Grinnell (the start) for a metric century. I clocked close to 90 miles, about 30 or so on pavement, so at least I got something out of my DNF. Craig did the same, so he gets another metric next to his name, for 1 full and 3 metric reported so far this year.

1 comment:

  1. Craig, when your hallucinations start talking to you, you know your dirt riding level is where it belongs. :-)

    ReplyDelete