Thursday, February 9, 2012

Craig Irving's Masterpiece

Craig has a few rides to report for this year. Click on his name in the 2012 Chasers sidebar to read more about all of these adventures. He also put together this wonderful animated GIF to entertain your beady little eyes. Enjoy it or I'll send Richard to your house to eat all your sausages and steal all the change out of your couch. Click the image to view the slideshow.

New year, new adventures, new characters.  Here's a list of what I've done so far:

Jan 1st:
New Years Day Hangover Metric.  71 miles around Des Moines with four other fine fellows.  This one was already recorded on my tally, but I still feel the need to mention it.  Crazy winds that day with up to 60MPH gusts that would occasionally wind up and kick your front wheel.

Jan 8th: 
Pre-ride of the Triple D course with Charles and Davie Gie.  64 miles on the day and one stupid decision made that I couldn't back out of.

Jan 15th:
Triple D, this time with real actual snow!  Unfortunately I had already committed to converting the Pugs to a fixed gear for it, so I was stuck.  Didn't even get bragging rights for being the first, since there was another and he beat me.  65 miles on an undergeared bike made for a long day.

Jan 30th-31st: 
Big.  Bad. Arrowhead.  It made me want to cry.  I persevered though, and finished after 39 hours and 135 miles.  Like giving birth to a lumpy watermelon, tasty joy and triumph have already dulled the memories of the suffering.  I'm sure I'll be back at it again next year.
As Richard would say: "Click me! I Daaaaaarreee You!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment